"The true measure of a man is not the number of servants that he has,
but the number of people he serves." - Arnold Glasgow
We believe volunteers are an essential part of any civilized society and the heart & soul of nonprofit organizations. They are like flowers. They make our world more beautiful. The contributions they make for our communities are like the sweet fragrance of those flowers. That spread goodwill and cheer everywhere. You can be an Ambassador of the AMV and be a part of our team to protect and preserve civil liberties and constitutional rights for all, political involvement, empowerment for our community and to bridge the gap between all communities. Together we will build a better world. Where all humans are treated equally.
AMV is offering shared leadership, shared responsibilities and shared ownership. Together we can make a positive difference.
Here is how you can get involved with AMV:
1: You can open an AMV chapter in your area to promote our cause.
2: AMV Director Southern California.
3: We are searching for youth Co-Directors in Northern and Southern California.
4: Chapter Presidents and Directors in different cities and states.
5: We are specially searching for adults to be mentors for our youth group.
We need to change the negative image of Islam and Muslims in this country.
How do we achieve this goal?
We do not want you to totally change your life style. Please continue with your volunteer work but do it with a purpose and with an identity as an ambassador of AMV.
If we truly want to improve the quality of our life and would like to protect our liberties, to be treated with dignity and respect then we should be involved in our communities. We should get to know our fellow Americans and allow them to know us. It will be impossible to achieve this goal individually but our collective efforts will show good results beyond our expectations. We can continue our volunteer work at the place that provides us fulfillment but in an organized manner and with a purpose to change the negative image of Islam and Muslims in America as an Ambassador of the AMV. I am certain that together we can achieve our goals in few years. We will mature as a community and will become partners not by standers.
For this transformation we need people who are committed, dedicated, focused and ready to serve Allah and our communities. We need to build peaceful and diverse communities where all of us can live peacefully with mutual respect, total acceptance, harmony and truly celebrate diversity. Where we all feel at home.
Please become a member of the AMV. Few Ideas to change the image of Muslims and Islam in America.
1. Five year to 5th grade: International Days. Volunteer at your children’s schools. with a purpose and with an identity as an ambassador of AMV.
2. Middle School: More sophisticated involvement. Be part of the school PTA, Parent Teacher Association, join committees, choosing curriculum, plan lectures about Islam, our heritage and culture.
3. High School: Youth can form clubs with other groups, like Social Justice Club, Political and Civic Education Clubs, Interfaith Clubs etc and do participate in what interest others.
4. College/Universities: Muslim Students Associations are doing a wonderful job learning about Islam. They need to extend that more towards educating others about Islam. One such way to interest others is to first show interest in things that are dear to them.
Here MSA should be involved in civic education and empowerment. We should be providing leadership training to our youth. Attend forums and rallies etc.
5. Adults: Volunteer in school, libraries, hospitals, senior centers, soup kitchens, highway clean ups, environmental organizations, human rights, civil rights, immigration right. Local, state and federal institutions, police department, fire department, assemblymen/women, congress senators, political parties, attend forums and rallies. voter registration in the main stream.
Big Dreams? Yes but remember “the future belongs to those who dream of a better world and take steps to make it happen.” (Samina Faheem Sundas) Will anyone join us to make this world a better place? Please claim ownership in this organization and make it your own.
"Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and importance, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction." - Margaret Thatcher